About Me

A first time mum blogging the journey.

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Roasted vegetable pasta bake.

What's great about this recipe is that you can prepare it when your baby is napping and then pop it in the oven when required.  I see so many lovely family recipes that I simply don't get the chance to make, our kitchen isn't really baby friendly and Poppy hates me leaving the room, so I usually try and prepare as much as I can while she is having her morning nap. It's also great for using up odds and ends in the fridge, I always have half a courgette and bits of pepper that need using. 



So roughly chop an onion (red or white), any coloured peppers, I like to use red and green to get sweet and bitter, a courgette and a few cloves of garlic.  Aubergine also works well in this recipe. Put all the veg and garlic into a roasting tin with a drizzle oil (I use rapeseed) and a splash of balsamic vinegar. It's best not to add salt if your baby is going to have some, so I suggest seasoning after.  Roast on a high heat until the vegetables look soft and the peppers are beginning to brown on the edges.  At this point add a tin of chopped tomatoes and stir well.  I add a pinch of caster sugar just to balance the acidity of the tomatoes. Pop back into the oven for another 5 minutes or so.  

In the meantime cook whatever past you have around.  White pasta is better for baby.  Until al dente.  Add the pasta to the mix and stir.  Top with mozzarella, simply tear it up.  Bake until bubbling.  Top with fresh basil and a little salt and pepper for mum and dad. 

Devour! 


1 comment:

  1. Great recipe! I'm Heather and I was hoping you would answer my quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete